Support, encouragements and lottery tickets

I don't know what you do or what you dream of, but I want to be a world-famous author.
I wanted this since I was 8, but I didn't dare to dream that it could be possible until I turned 40 - which was less than 3 years ago.
Until that age, I lived and walked by inertia. I did my best in everything I had to do, but at the back of my mind, there was only a career in writing.

At 40 I was so broken that there was nothing that I could humanly do to fix my life.
Then I took the only good decision that I've ever taken in my whole existence: to dedicate every single minute of the rest of my life to become what I always wanted, but never really dared to dream it was possible.

And I started right away.
I am fighting against my core belief that I am good at nothing ever since. Actually, this is what I think of me since I can remember. Like many others, I know.

I knew it was going to be hard. At least I thought I knew.
Only when I started educating myself on the mater, I realized that I couldn't even begin to imagine.
It's an ocean of sharks out there. Some of them are not even hungry, but they'll still bite and chew you for fun.

  • I don't think I am the best writer out there, but I am the most determined. 
  • I have to fight against my mind every single day of my life. 
  • I bite my lips until they bleed. 
  • I cry until the river of tears inside me dries out. 
  • I shout and scream inside my head over and over and over again. 

And sometimes I just feel like reaping my heart out of my chest to make it stop feeling anything. 

I sacrifice everything to make it, and I will not give up until my eyes close forever.
If I am not successful in this life, I will be in the next. Or the next and so on.

Because I know for sure this is what I was I born to do. I just wasn't confident enough to even think it before. 

I can fight against myself because I know me.
What I can't do, is fighting against others' judgment and free advice.

People always try to make me aware of the risks and the impossibility of my desire.
People I care about. People that care for me.

Whoever you are reading this, don't ever discourage a person who is not delusional, arrogant, irresponsible, a drama queen, etc. 

It's extremely hard to make it in every field, especially if you are a singer, actor, writer, poet, painter, fashion designer - a creative person.
We know this very well.
What we ignore is that it has always been this way for most of those who made it. Look at Edison for example.

We don't need you to tell us that we can't make it. We are telling this to ourselves every day. But we keep moving on because, from all of us, some will always make it. It could be You or Me, or your brother, friend, colleague. 

It's a bit like the lottery. All hope to win, but only a few do.

Except when you write, you invest a lot of time and energy into doing so.
A lottery ticket costs just money and hope. It does not require effort, determination or any kind of sacrifice. Well, maybe you give up one lunch. But that's about all.
Writers give up at least 4 lunches a week, if not more.
Maybe because they don't have the means to buy any, or maybe they don't have time or energy to cook.

Making a career in writing in such a fake and shallow world is a lottery, yes.
If you don't meet the right person to see your potential and propulse you into the sky, you will never make it.
Yet, if you don't give up hope, you might make it in this life or the next.
It is never too late, and there is always hope.

If you have a friend who's a writer just admit that you can't see what they see because it wasn't given to you.
You can tell anyone that they won't make it because you've tried, you and many others before him.
You didn't make it because you gave up too soon. 
Maybe also because your family, friends, random people discouraged you. And you listened to them because it was too hard.

One can become successful at any point in their lives. 
But if you keep discouraging them even only by giving them advice they never requested, it will be harder.
If you didn't do this before, how do you know what's best for that who does it?
Why do you put rocks in front of a person you love? 
Have you ever tried doing something exceptional in this life? 
Do you know how much effort does that take?
Do you know what a person feels every time you tell them that they should come back to earth? 

Living on earth is easy to do, dreaming with the stars is not. 

Generally speaking, you don't like to be discouraged, why do you do it to others?

"Don't do unto others what you don't want done unto you." - Confucius

I wish my friends would read this.
Unfortunately, don't even listen when I tell them that I do not need negativity as I am all filled up with it.
What I need is: "Everything will be okay. Just don't give up."  

Maybe it's them I should give up on because they always bring me down.
When I am already down.

Don't try to bring sense into dreamers who work hard, you will be a terrorist of belief. 

Image from Pixabay


***
Is reading a burning desire? 
Join an author who cares. Read the stories You Love. 


***
And if you feel it in your heart, why not support me by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon at any of my books you loved reading? 

***
What about following me on: 
  • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorcristinag
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/authorcristinag
  • YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/AuthorCristinaG

Nota Bene
You don't need a Kindle device to read any eBooks (electronic format).
Your PCs, laptops, smartphones are good enough. If you have problems, install the Kindle application from Amazon.

Read the manifesto for real writers: Authors for Life or for a Living?

Spread the love and support an author who writes for you.
Make no mistake, the universe will return your kindness.

No comments

We love comments! Respect and consideration are a must.