Happy New Year!

Yes, I know, everyone says the same things at the end of every year, but that's the way it should be.
Today, I shouldn't be writing on my blogs. I should celebrate.
Yet, I am not.
I never really celebrated the end of any year as I don't celebrate my birthday.
Some people say that we should celebrate a new beginning, not the end of a year.
I agree with them.

2018 hasn't been a great year for many.
I won't make a list of what happened or not happened to me.
I won't make a list with my resolutions either because you couldn't care less.
I've noticed something scary in 2018, but it's not a new thing.
People are becoming more and more selfish and egocentric.
If the selfishness and egocentrism wouldn't hurt others...
But, they do hurt others because we stopped caring for anyone else but us.
We are capable of killing without blinking family and friends to get what we want.
We stopped feeling.
It's sad, very, very sad.
What is that defines humanity?
We've lost our humanity.

The other day, I read something that Dostoievsky said about his time.
"We are becoming lazier and lazier. We want to have without working."
These are not his exact words (can't remember them), just the general meaning.

The truth is that I am worried about the human's race future.
Once we all stopped feeling nothing, will care nothing for anyone and anything.
Look around...
What do you see?

Now, look inside you.
Is there any difference between what you see around you and what you see inside you?
I hope there is.

I am not saying that we should work and give to others the fruits.
What I am saying is that we should care a little bit more.
Don't kill innocents people, don't step on other's dignity, don't despise and deride others so you could live happily in stolen riches.

We are all the same and we should feel what humans feel.

These being said, I wish you all a new year filled with happiness and human feelings.

I would like to thank those who supported me in the past year.
I would like to express my gratitude towards my friend who didn't allow me to sleep under a bridge.
Thank you to my readers! I didn't get a price in 2018, but it will happen in 2019.

I wish you all the best!

Happy new year from the romanian author Cristina G.
Photo from Pixabay

No comments

We love comments! Respect and consideration are a must.