A Happy and Successful New Year to all writers and readers!

Dear lonely writer and reader, I want to wish you, all, a Happy New Year! 
A free-Covid one! 

happy 2021-gold-on-black-background


2020 was a terrible year for the entire planet, however, I've been told that writers flourished last year. And if they throve, writers had a lot of titles to choose from.

I haven’t written in 2020. I haven’t written in 2019 either. My writing career had to be paused due to earthly issues. In other words, having built my mother’s house got me in debt. A lot of it and had to pay it as soon. Sooner than agreed. So, I didn’t have to write, I had to find a job, `real` one. One that puts a monthly pay on the table. A pay that went to those I was in debit with.

What sort of job?!

Carer. I have been (still am) a professional live-in carer for the elderly.

That was the only job I felt that I could do without feeling completely overwhelmed by the lack of writing. I have a caring nature and being isolated wasn’t hard for me. In fact, it was a blessing.

In 2020 I collected a lot of new materials for books I’ve never thought I could ever write. Books that aim to help carers – paid or not – and to open an eye to each of us. We’ll all become people in need of carers, caretakers, caregivers and so on.

For that purpose, I started a new blog called: The Carer who Cares.

Therefore, for me, last year, from a writing career point of view, couldn’t have been worse – but from a practical and worldly or material point of view, wasn’t too bad. I didn’t finish paying out people, but I am on the right path.

If you’ve written in 2020, I hope you conquered the hearts of many readers and earn loads of money.

If you didn’t, then I hope you did something else. I hope you were not depressed and despondent. Misery never helps. Never!

I hope you’re feeling better now. I hope you left the bad behind.

I hope you’ve started 2021 with a lot of energy, ideas and plans. It’s going to be better if you start writing and forget the past.

Every year is a new beginning. Actually, every day is a new beginning.

As a reader, I am sure you didn’t have such a bad year. With so many new titles seeing the light every day, you had it tough to choose from. Especially when so many writers offer their books for free on several online publishing platforms.


Happy New Year to all of you, readers and a very successful one to the writers who write for you!


No comments

We love comments! Respect and consideration are a must.