Inspirational and Motivational Movies


When I started writing my self-esteem was... inexistent.
The courage to write was there because I write since I learned the alphabet's letters, but the courage to publish was nowhere to be found.
I thought that I don't have the right to do it because English is not my mother tongue. 
I always knew I am a good writer - some say amazing really - but I did not trust my English. 
The critics terrified me. 
You see, I am a blogger and have quite an experience with comments lefts by the readership. 
Between my personal doubts and critics, I could not bear the thought of external critics. 
I thought I will die when they come. 
Despite all these, on the 25th of December 2016, I published the first fragment of a memoir called Oranges at Christmas in a Communist Country.

The second version of this book was selected and included in a category of high-quality books named Great on Kindle

The book was very well received, but even my friends could not give me a 5 stars review because of my grammar. 
And these friends of mine knew my struggles and cared for me. 
They wanted to be fair. However, they did not mention why Oranges at Christmas in a Communist Country is a 4-star and not a 5-star book. More about this in a different post. 

To find the courage to publish before and after this, I listened to uncountable motivational speeches made by people who made it against all odds. 
Les Brown was and is my favourite motivational speaker ever. 

Then I watched movies that inspired me. 
Movies with actors I did not like, and on subjects, I do not have an interest in. Like romance, sports, especially not bodybuilding. 
Yet... I did it because believe it or not, movies based on real-life sports stories are the most inspirational and motivational ever made. 
In my opinion, of course. 

Here is a list of my favourite movies. 
Some are based on true events and real people, but not all.  

  • Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe, Renée Zellweger – Based on a true story – Wow, wow, wow! 
 “What do you fight for?” asked a reporter and James said: “Milk.” 
I am a crier, I admit, and this movie made me shed thousands of them. Never in my life, I've cried that much at a movie. From start to end. It simply resonated with me on all levels. 


I am definitely not a person who goes for sad movies, and the box is not my thing. However, this was the most inspirational movie I ever watched in my entire life. 
What a lesson! 
No other story touched my heart in this way. I watched it three times in two weeks and the only other movies I watched more than once were comedies: Scary Movie 4 and Dracula Dead and Loving.
If you have a dream and you fear it can't be fulfilled, watch this movie and pay very much attention. Prepare a box of tissues and loads of chips. Watch it alone because not many will understand why you cry that much;


  • Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe – Based on a true story – Again, my eyes blurred with tears. Many have rolled down my burning cheeks. If you think you can’t control your thoughts, perceptions, and illusions watch this and reflect carefully. The struggles of a sane mind are a joke compared to a damaged one. Incredible. A must-watch; 

  • Unbroken with Jack O'Connell is based on a non-fiction book, therefore a true story.  War, soldiers, sports, religion, prisoners, survival. I will not spoil it for you. If you haven't watched it, now is the time. 
Unbroken movie by Angelina Jolie
Photo credit: https://devzone.positivecoach.org
  • Slumdog Millionaire with Dev Patel - I love this guy, he's hot and extremely talented. Unbelievable what people can do for love;

  • The Man Who Knew Infinity with Dev Patel – Based on a true story – A genius who was aware of being one. Not a happy ending, but such an amazing story; 

  • 3 Idiots a Hindi Movie with Aamir Khan, Madhavan, Sharman Joshy – A brilliant comedy with quite a few lessons to learn. Just don't dare to disobey if you're not a genius;

  • The Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith – Based on a true story – I am sure you know it. A single father trying to give a better future to his son. So many struggles, sacrifices, pain, despair, resilience. Fight until you get what you work for. Never give up;

  • Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman – I went around this movie for months, I simply couldn't see how a story involving criminals could teach me anything. What a lesson, what a mind, what a will... Red Redding, “I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”

  • Memoirs of a Geisha – Japanese love story with Zhang Ziyi – I am sure you've heard of it if you're a woman who believes in love. But it's so much more than love... So, so much more. I watched it twice in ten years and I will probably watch it at least another time in the future. And I rarely watch a movie twice. I do not have enough time. This was worth it!  



  • About Time – British love story with Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy – This is a romantic drama, and I am not fond of Love stories. The first one in this genre I watched on purpose, and I am so glad I chose to do so. Many things to learn; 

  • Sliding Doors – Love story with Gwyneth Paltrow, John Hannah – Parallel universes. No matter what you do, your destiny will still fulfill. Kind of a scary idea and I disagree with it, I am convinced you can change your fate; 

  • The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale – Box movie based on a true story – Family can destroy your life if you let it; 

  • Facing the Giants with Alex Kendrick. – American football. “Nothing is impossible for God.” Luke 1:37; 

  • The Secret with Bob Proctor, Joe Vitale, John Assaraf – Documentary about the invisible power of the Universe and the Law of Attraction. Nothing can inspire you more than this if you force yourself to believe. Most people refuse to even consider this undeniable truth. I used to be one of them. Not anymore; 

  • The Shift with Wayne Dyer, Portia de Rossi, Edward Kerr – A mixed documentary and Hollywood-style movie. Dr. Wayne Dyer, one of the people I follow with interest, speaks about changes that may occur without working for it. To be totally honest, I disagree with his statement regarding the fact that we need to wait and when the time will come, it will happen. I am a fervid supporter of the opposite idea: we need to work extremely hard in order to change; 

  • Pumping Iron with Arnold Schwarzenegger m – Bodybuilding Documentary – It took me more than a year to gather the courage and will to watch this movie that is on every list I came across. I am not a bodybuilding fan, quite the contrary. However, Arnold’s story is truly inspirational. Work, work, work, and self-confidence will bring you the success you are looking for. “Dream big and work your butt off,” is Arnold’s message. If you look at his career, you must admit that he is an extraordinary human being. An absolute black pearl; 


***
Is reading a burning desire? 
Join an author who cares. Read the stories You Love. 

***
And if you feel it in your heart, why not support me by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon to any of my books you loved reading? 

***
What about following me on: 
  • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorcristinag
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/authorcristinag
  • YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/AuthorCristinaG

Nota Bene
You don't need a Kindle device to read any eBooks (electronic format).
Your PCs, laptops, smartphones are good enough. If you have problems, install the Kindle application from Amazon.

Read the manifesto for real writers: Authors for Life or for a Living?

Spread the love and support an author who writes for you.
Make no mistake, the universe will return your kindness.

No comments

We love comments! Respect and consideration are a must.